|Operating system/browser||Player version|
|Windows 10||Windows Media Player 12 Learn more|
|Windows 8.1||Windows Media Player 12 Learn more|
|Windows RT 8.1||N/A|
|Windows 7||Windows Media Player 12 Learn more|
Does Windows 10 home come with Media Player?
Windows 10 Home and Pro
Windows Media Player comes included as an optional feature with these versions of Windows 10, but it needs to be enabled. To do so, press Windows key + I to open Settings. Go to Apps > Manage optional features > Add a feature. Scroll down to Windows Media Player and select it.
How do I find Windows Media Player on Windows 10?
Windows Media Player in Windows 10. To find WMP, click Start and type: media player and select it from the results at the top. Alternately, you can right-click the Start button to bring up the hidden quick access menu and choose Run or use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key+R. Then type: wmplayer.exe and hit Enter.
How do I update Windows Media Player on Windows 10?
Windows Media Player no longer available after the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Apps > Apps and features.
- Click on Manage optional features.
- Select Add a feature.
- Scroll down to Windows Media Player.
- Click Install (the process might take several minutes to complete)
Does Windows 10 come with a DVD player?
Windows DVD Player in Windows 10. Users who upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, or from Windows 8 with Windows Media Center, should’ve received a free copy of Windows DVD Player. Check the Windows Store, and you should be able to download it for free.
What happened to Windows Media Player in Windows 10?
Windows 10 is a work in progress. If you want the media player back you can install it via the Add a Feature setting. … Open Settings, go to Apps > Apps & Features, and click on Manage optional features.
Why Windows Media Player is not working?
If Windows Media Player stopped working correctly after the latest updates from Windows Update, you can verify that the updates are the problem by using System Restore. To do this: Select the Start button, and then type system restore.
How do I install Media Player on Windows 10?
How to install Windows Media Player
- Open Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Click on Apps & features.
- Click the manage optional features link. Apps & features settings.
- Click the Add a feature button. Manage optional features settings.
- Select Windows Media Player.
- Click the Install button. Install Windows Media Player on Windows 10.
10 окт. 2017 г.
Does Microsoft still support Windows Media Player?
Windows Media Player 12 is the most recent version of Windows Media Player. … The latter instead uses Groove Music (for audio) and Microsoft Movies & TV (for video) as the default playback applications for most media; As of May 2020, Windows Media Player is still included as a Windows component.
Do I have Windows Media Player on my computer?
To determine the version of Windows Media Player, start Windows Media Player, click About Windows Media Player on the Help menu in and then note the version number below the Copyright notice. Note If the Help menu is not displayed, press ALT + H on your keyboard and then click About Windows Media Player.
What is the best free media player for Windows 10?
The best free video players 2021: watch videos in any format
- VLC Media Player. The best free video player you can download today. …
- GOM Player. A feature-packed free video player with lots to offer. …
- 5KPlayer. Whatever the source, this free video player can handle it. …
- PotPlayer. A free video player with advanced customization settings. …
- Media Player Classic – Home Cinema.
12 мар. 2021 г.
How do I update Windows Media Center?
Update for Media Center for Windows 7, x64-based versions
- Click Start , right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- Under System, you can view the system type.
25 сент. 2009 г.
How do I refresh Windows Media Player?
Press CTRL+M then from the Tools menu click on Advanced and then Restore Media Library to reset the Media Player library.
Why can’t I play DVDs on Windows 10?
Microsoft has removed the built-in support for video DVD playing in Windows 10. Therefore DVD playback is more troublesome on Windows 10 than on previous versions. … So we recommend you to use VLC player, a free third party player with DVD support integrated. Open VLC media player, click Media and select Open Disc.
What is a good DVD player for Windows 10?
Best Free DVD Players for Windows 10
- VLC Media Player by VideoLan. Over the course of the last two decades, VLC has established itself as one of the most versatile media players ever created. …
- PotPlayer. …
- BlazeDVD. …
- 5KPlayer. …
- GOM Media Player. …
- MPC-HC (Media Player Classic Home Cinema) …
- KMPlayer. …
- PowerDVD 19.
Is there a free DVD player for Windows 10?
VLC Media Player is free, though you can always donate some funds to its development. First, download and install the software from the VideoLAN VLC Media Player website. Launch VLC Media Player, insert a DVD, and it should rev up automatically. If not, click Media > Open Disc > DVD, then click the play button.