How do I change the name of my documents in Windows 7?
Ok, a folder with the desired name can be created
- right-click the current ‘Documents’ folder (the one you want to rename)
- click Properties, and then click the Location tab.
- change the path in the text box to the desired one, and then click Apply.
- Windows will then: 4.1.
5 нояб. 2012 г.
How do you rename an existing document?
Find the file you want to rename, select it and select Rename on the ribbon (or press F2 on your keyboard). Type the new name you want the file to have and press Enter.
Where are my documents in Windows 7?
Opening Documents in Windows 7
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Double-click the Libraries folder.
- Double-click the Documents folder.
- Double-click the My Documents folder.
2 апр. 2019 г.
How do I change the location of my desktop in Windows 7?
Setting my Desktop location with Windows 7
- Open the Registry editor (Regedit.exe)
- Browse to the location: HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > User Shell Folders.
- In the right window pane select the required value (i.e. Desktop).
- Insert the new location for the folder to be stored.
- Close the registry editor and log off.
14 сент. 2009 г.
How do I restore my documents in Windows 7?
Restoring the Default My Documents Path
Right-click My Documents (on the desktop), and then click Properties. Click Restore Default.
Why can’t I rename my Word document?
Make sure the document you want to rename is not loaded into Word. (Close it if it is loaded.) … In Word 2013 and Word 2016, display the File tab of the ribbon, click Open, and then click Browse.) In the list of files contained in the dialog box, right-click on the one you want to rename.
How do I rename a Word document in 2020?
Renaming a Document
- Make sure the document you want to rename is not loaded into Word. …
- Click on the Open tool on the toolbar or choose Open from the File menu. …
- In the list of files contained in the dialog box, right-click on the one you want to rename. …
- Choose Rename from the Context menu. …
- Once the document name is changed, press Enter.
31 дек. 2016 г.
Why can’t I rename a file?
Sometimes you cannot rename a file or folder because it is still being used by another program. You have to close the program and try again. You also cannot rename important system files because they are protected by the Windows operating system. … Make sure file and folder names are not made up of sentences.
Is my documents on the C drive?
Windows uses special folders like, My Documents, for quick access to files, but are stored on the system drive (C:), alongside the Windows operating system.
What are the four main folder in Windows 7?
Windows 7 comes with four libraries: Documents, Pictures, Music, and Videos. Libraries (New!) are special folders that catalog folders and files in a central location.
How do I move my desktop location?
Right click the Desktop folder and select Properties. In Properties, go to the Location tab, and click on the Move button. In the folder browse dialog, select the new folder that you want to store your Desktop files. Click on the OK button to make the change.
How do I change my default desktop?
Find your “Desktop Personalization Settings.” Turn on your computer and wait for your desktop to load. Right click on your desktop and click on “Personalize” to be taken to your desktop settings. Click “Change Desktop Icons” under “Tasks” and double click “Restore Default.”
How do I set my desktop to D drive?
Right-click the Desktop or Document folder you want to move, and select Properties. Go to the Location tab, and click on the Move button. When the folder browse dialog shows up, select a new location where you want the folder to be moved.