Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery . Under Reset this PC, select Get started and choose an option: Keep my files—Reinstalls Windows 10 but keeps your personal files and any apps that came with your PC. This option removes changes you made to settings, as well as apps and drivers you installed.
How do I reinstall Windows on my surface?
Plug in your Surface so you don’t run out of power during the refresh. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and select Settings > Change PC settings. Select Update and recovery > Recovery. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, select Get started > Next.
How do I reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop without CD?
How do I reinstall Windows without a disk?
- Go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
- Under “Reset this PC option”, tap “Get Started”.
- Choose “Remove everything” and then choose to “Remove files and clean the drive”.
- Finally, click “Reset” to begin reinstalling Windows 10.
14 янв. 2021 г.
How do I reset my laptop and reinstall Windows 10?
How to Reset Your Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings. …
- Select “Update & security”
- Click Recovery in the left pane.
- Windows presents you with three major options: Reset this PC, Go back to an earlier build and Advanced startup. …
- Click Get started under Reset this PC.
How do you get to the boot menu on a surface laptop?
Shut down your Surface. Press and hold the volume-up button on your Surface and at the same time, press and release the power button. When you see the Surface logo, release the volume-up button. The UEFI menu will display within a few seconds.
How do I reinstall Windows from USB?
How to Reinstall Windows From USB Recovery Drive
- Plug your USB recovery drive into the PC you want to reinstall Windows on.
- Reboot your PC. …
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Then choose Recover from a Drive.
- Next, cick “Just remove my files.” If you plan on selling your computer, click Full clean the drive. …
- Finally, set up Windows.
6 нояб. 2020 г.
How do I reset my surface without a recovery key?
Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the power button. When the Microsoft or Surface logo appears, release the volume-down button. When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want. Select Troubleshoot, and then select Recover from a drive.
How do I reinstall Windows 10 without a product key?
Click Start > Settings in accessible Windows 10.
- In Settings windows, click on Get started under Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC.
- Wait for Windows 10 starting and choose Remove everything in following window.
- Then Windows 10 will check your choice and get ready to clean reinstall Windows 10.
Can I reinstall Windows 10 with the same product key?
Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. … So, there is no need to know or get a product key, if you need to reinstall Windows 10, you can use your Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key or use the reset function in Windows 10.
How do I clean and reinstall Windows 10 from USB?
How to perform clean install of Windows 10
- Start the device with Windows 10 USB media.
- On prompt, press any key to boot from the device.
- On the “Windows Setup,” click the Next button. …
- Click the Install now button.
5 нояб. 2020 г.
How can I restore my laptop?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything.
How do I restore Windows 10 to default settings?
To reset Windows 10 to its factory default settings without losing your files, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Recovery.
- Under the “Reset this PC” section, click the Get started button. …
- Click the Keep my files option. …
- Click the Next button button.
31 мар. 2020 г.
How do I reinstall Windows 10 from BIOS?
Save your settings, reboot your computer and you should now be able to install Windows 10.
- Step 1 – Enter your computer’s BIOS. …
- Step 2 – Set your computer to boot from DVD or USB. …
- Step 3 – Choose the Windows 10 clean install option. …
- Step 4 – How to find your Windows 10 license key. …
- Step 5 – Select your hard disk or SSD.
1 мар. 2017 г.
How do I bypass BitLocker in Windows 10?
Step 1: After Windows OS is started, go to Start -> Control Panel -> BitLocker Drive Encryption. Step 2: Click “Turn off auto-unlock” option next to the C drive. Step 3: After turning off auto-unlock option, restart your computer. Hopefully, your issue will be resolved after the reboot.
How do I get into surface BIOS?
Access Surface Pro BIOS
- Make sure the Surface Pro device is turned off.
- Hold the volume-up button.
- Press and release the power button.
- When the Surface logo appears, release the volume-up button.
- The Surface UEFI firmware interface screen will be displayed and you can make changes.
15 февр. 2013 г.
How do I boot a Surface Pro into recovery mode?
Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the power button. When the Microsoft or Surface logo appears, release the volume-down button. When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want. Select Troubleshoot , and then select Recover from a drive.