How do I permanently turn Num Lock on?
How to Set the Num Lock Key Permanently
- Click the Windows “Start” button. …
- Navigate to the “HKEY_CURRENT_USER Control Panel Keyboard” directory in the Windows registry editor.
- Double-click the key value named “InitialKeyboardIndicators” to open a dialog box where you can change the value.
Why does my Num Lock keep turning off Windows 10?
A few Windows 10 users affected by this issue have found that the issue is caused because Windows 10 tries to turn Num Lock on, but since it is already turned on as it is configured to be in the affected computers’ BIOS settings, the result is the Num Lock being turned on.
Why does my Num Lock keep turning off?
If the Numlock key is enabled while an account is logged in and active on a virtual machine, restart of the virtual machine turns off the Numlock key. Logging back into the machine results in the Numlock key being turned on – as long as it was set while the user profile was active.
How do I keep Num Lock on in Windows 10?
- Click on the Start Button and type in regedit and hit Enter.
- Navigate through HKEY_USERS, . DEFAULT, Control Panel and then Keyboard.
- Right click on InitialKeyboardIndicators and select Modify.
- Set the value to 2147483650 and click OK. …
- Reboot and number lock should now be enabled.
Why is my num lock not working?
If the NumLock key is disabled, the number keys on the right side of your keyboard will not work. If the NumLock key is enabled and the number keys still don’t work, you can try pressing the NumLock key for about 5 seconds, which did the trick for some users.
Can you disable Num Lock key?
On a notebook computer keyboard, while holding down the FN key, press either the NUM LOCK or SCROLL LOCK to enable the function. … Press the same key combination again to disable the function.
How do I set NumLock by default?
How do I enable NumLock automatically?
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_USERS.DEFAULTControl PanelKeyboard (we are editing .default which is the profile used prior to logon)
- Double click on InitialKeyboardIndicators.
- Set to 2 and click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
How do I know if Num Lock is on Windows 10?
For Windows 10 with no num lock indicator light, you can go to SETTINGS, EASE OF ACCESS, KEYBOARD, USE OF TOGGLE KEYS, TURN ON SOUND so that a sound will alert you when caps lot, num lock, etc is on.
Why is my num lock always on?
Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run window. … In the registry, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER Control Panel Keyboard. On the right, double-click InitialKeyboardIndicators. Change the value data to 0 (Numlock off when computer starts), or 2 (Numlock on when computer starts).
How do you turn on Num Lock on a laptop?
Press Fn+F8, F7, or Insert to enable/disable numlock. For 15-inch or above laptops, the numeric keypad is located on the right side of the keyboard. Press NmLk to enable or disable the numeric keypad.
How do I turn on number lock on Windows?
To enable Number Lock with the On-Screen Keyboard:
- Click Start, type on-screen in the search field, then select On-Screen Keyboard from the search results list.
- When the On-Screen Keyboard displays, click Options. …
- In the Options window, select Turn on numeric keypad , then click the OK button to save the change.
Where is the Fn key?
You may have noticed a key on your keyboard named “Fn”, this Fn key stands for Function, it can be found on the keyboard along the same row as the space bar near the Crtl, Alt or Shift, but why is it there?