Select Start > Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program > choose MAILTO under Protocols. Select the browser you want to use for Gmail.
How do I change my default email on Windows 7?
To set up a default email program in Windows 7:
- On your keyboard, press the key combination Windows Logo + R. …
- Type computerdefaults, click OK. …
- Click Custom.
- Under “Choose a default email program,” click on your preferred email program, such as Microsoft Outlook, Yahoo Mail, or Outlook Express.
- Click OK.
How do I make Gmail my default email program?
Make Gmail the default email program when you click email links in Chrome Browser. Settings. Go to the Privacy and security section. At the top, make sure Allow sites to ask to become default handlers for protocols (recommended) is turned on.
How do I setup Gmail on Windows 7?
1 Gmail Email Setup for Windows Mail
- Open Windows Mail, and select Add account.
- Select Google from the list.
- Enter your Gmail email address, and select Next.
- Type in your Gmail password, and select Next.
- Windows will ask permission to access your Gmail account, select Allow.
What is the default mail client for Windows 7?
Common programs include the default Mail program that comes with Windows, Microsoft Office’s Outlook, Thunderbird, and any of perhaps hundreds of other mail programs you can install. In your case, your system’s default email client is obviously Outlook.
How do I change my default email on my computer?
- Click on the Start Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Click on the System Icon.
- Click on the Default Apps menu item.
- You’ll see Email and below will be “choose a default”
- Click on the email you would like your computer to default to.
9 июн. 2020 г.
How do I set the default email on my computer?
In the search bar or search icon on the bottom left of the desktop, begin typing Default App Settings. Once You see the Default App Settings option, click it. Click the Mail option, then select the program you wish to make default.
Can I use Gmail instead of Outlook?
Did you know you can use Gmail to manage all your email accounts? Maybe you’ve got a personal Gmail email address and you’re using Outlook for your separate work email address. You can, if you want, manage everything through Gmail – ideal if you prefer Gmail’s browser interface and its iOS and Android mail client apps.
How do I make Gmail my default email in Windows 10?
Go to Apps>Default Apps>Email. You need to change the Email app to Google Chrome in the right panel. That will let Windows 10 know that your default e-mail client is Gmail, and it will open Chrome next time you click on one of the e-mail links. After you set everything up, you should probably go and test it out.
Can I make Gmail my default email instead of Outlook?
If you are using gmail you can set Chrome and gmail as the default mail application to address the issue. … Click the current app listed under “Email” in this case “Outlook 2016” and choose your normal web browser, such as “Google Chrome”. 3. Open Chrome and go to mail.google.com and log in.
How do I add email to Windows 7?
- Click on Start.
- Select All Programs.
- Select Windows Live.
- Select Windows Live Mail.
- Select Add email account.
- Enter in your Email address, password and your display name; select Next.
- For POP3 accounts enter your incoming server address, login ID and your outgoing server address; select Next.
- Select Finish.
How do I enable email on Windows 7?
On Windows 7 go to where you have save both zip files,either on Desktop or Downloads folder. To install Windows Mail-unzip and extract the files to programs on C drive. Go to programs and you should now see a file named Windows Mail. Open the Windows Mail program file and you should see a file called Winmail.
Does Windows 7 have an email program?
Windows Mail has been removed from Windows 7, along with several other applications.
What email program is best for Windows 7?
The 8 Best Email Apps for Windows
- eM Client for multilingual email exchanges.
- Thunderbird for echoing the browser experience.
- Mailbird for people who live in their inbox.
- Windows Mail for simplicity and minimalism.
- Microsoft Outlook for reliability.
- Postbox for using personalized templates.
- The Bat!
4 мар. 2019 г.
How do I install an email program?
Download a free email program to the desktop of your computer. Double-click the file once it has downloaded to begin the installation process. Follow the menu commands on the screens that appear to install the program. Restart the computer after the installation is completed.
How do I set Outlook as my default mail client in Windows 7?
Open Outlook. On the File tab, choose Options > General. Under Start up options, select the Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar check box. Click OK.