Can Windows 7 share files with Windows 10?
From Windows 7 to Windows 10:
Open drive or partition in Windows 7 Explorer, right-click on the folder or files that you want to share and select “Share with” > Choose “Specific people…”. … Choose “Everyone” in the drop-down menu on File Sharing, click “Add” to confirm.
Can Windows 7 and Windows 10 share a HomeGroup?
HomeGroup is only available on Windows 7, Windows 8. x, and Windows 10, which means that you won’t be able to connect any Windows XP and Windows Vista machines. There can be only one HomeGroup per network.
Can not access shared folder Windows 10?
PC cannot see shared folders in Windows 10
- Make sure your computers are using the same network.
- Make sure IPv6 is enabled on all computers.
- Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers.
- Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers.
- Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest.
5 мар. 2020 г.
Can not access shared folder windows 7?
Method 2: Install File and Print Sharing and make sure that it is not blocked by Windows Firewall
- Step 1: Install File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks. Click Start, click Run, type ncpa. …
- Step 2: Make sure that File and Printer Sharing is not blocked by Windows Firewall. Click Start, click Run, type firewall.
How do I share a printer on a network from Windows 7 to Windows 10?
Click Start, type “devices and printers,” and then hit Enter or click the result. Right-click the printer you want to share with the network and then select “Printer properties”. The “Printer Properties” window shows you all kinds of things you can configure about the printer. For now, click the “Sharing” tab.
How can I share my PC with Windows 7?
Follow these steps to begin setting up the network:
- Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
- Under Network and Internet, click Choose Homegroup and sharing options. …
- In the Homegroup settings window, click Change advanced sharing settings. …
- Turn on network discovery and file and printer sharing. …
- Click Save changes.
How do I setup a home network with Windows 7 and Windows 10?
Setting Up a HomeGroup in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. To create your first HomeGroup, click Start > Settings > Networking & Internet > Status > HomeGroup. This will open the HomeGroups control panel. Click Create a homegroup to begin.
How do I setup a home network in Windows 10 without a HomeGroup?
How to share files on Windows 10
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the folder location with the files.
- Select the files.
- Click on the Share tab. …
- Click the Share button. …
- Select the app, contact, or nearby sharing device. …
- Continue with the on-screen directions to share the content.
26 авг. 2020 г.
What replaced HomeGroup in Windows 10?
Microsoft recommends two company features to replace HomeGroup on devices running Windows 10:
- OneDrive for file storage.
- The Share functionality to share folders and printers without using the cloud.
- Using Microsoft Accounts to share data between apps that support syncing (e.g. Mail app).
20 дек. 2017 г.
How do I access a shared folder from another computer?
Right click on the Computer icon on the desktop. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
How do I access a shared folder on another computer Windows 10?
- Right-click the folder and select Properties.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Click Advanced in the lower right.
- In the Advanced Security Settings window that pops up, click on the Owner tab.
- Click Edit.
- Click Other users or groups.
- Click Advanced in the lower left corner.
- Click Find Now.
How do I fix you do not have permission to access this folder Windows 10?
Step 1: Right-click on the folder that you are unable to access to or save files in and then click Properties option. Step 2: Switch to the Security tab. Under Group or user names section, click the Edit button to open the Permissions dialog. Step 3: Under Group or user names section, select your current user account.
How do I access a shared folder in Windows 7?
Open Windows Explorer. In the navigation pane on the left, click the small arrow to the left of Libraries, HomeGroup, Computer, or Network. The menu expands so that you can access any shared files, folders, disks, or devices. Double-click the object you would like to access.
How do I fix you don’t have permission to access contact your network administrator?
Method 2: Provide permissions through settings.
- Go to Control panel > Click on network and internet > Click on Network and sharing.
- Click on Change advance sharing settings on the left pane.
- Select the options.
27 нояб. 2018 г.
How do I get permission to access another computer?
Network Administration: Granting Share Permissions
- Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows key and clicking Computer; then browse to the folder whose permissions you want to manage.
- Right-click the folder you want to manage and then choose Properties from the contextual menu. …
- Click the Sharing tab; then click Advanced Sharing. …
- Click Permissions.