Make Windows 8 Laptop WiFi Hotspot. First download Virtual Router Plus which is a free and Open Source utility. No installation is necessary, and you can run it from a USB flash drive. Type in a name for the hotspot, password, and select the connection you want to share.
How can I turn my laptop into a WiFi hotspot Windows 8?
First, fire up Settings by pressing Windows+I on your keyboard. On the main Settings page, click “Network & Internet.” On the Network & Internet page, on the left-hand side, click “Mobile hotspot.” On the right-hand side, turn on the “Share my Internet connection with other devices” switch.
Can my laptop become a WiFi hotspot?
Connectify Hotspot is the most popular portable WiFi hotspot free software that you can use to turn your Windows computer into a WiFi hotspot and share your Internet connection with other devices such as smartphones, game consoles, etc.
How do I turn my Windows 8.1 Pro into a WiFi hotspot?
Click the Properties button in the window that appears. Head to the Sharing tab and then check the “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection” box. Use the drop down menu to select the virtual network adaptor you’ve created. Click OK followed by Close.
Why my laptop is not connecting to mobile hotspot Windows 8?
Try to run Windows Update and install all the updates available for Wireless network. Go to the manufacturers support website, where you can enter the model number of the computer hardware and download the latest drivers for Windows 8.1.
How do I turn on wifi on my HP laptop Windows 8?
To turn the wireless on or off in Windows 8 use the following steps:
- Press the Windows key +C or swipe in from the right edge of the screen to open Charms.
- Select the Settings charm and click Change PC settings.
- Select Wireless.
- You can now change the Wireless settings to on or off.
19 окт. 2013 г.
How do I turn my laptop into a wifi hotspot?
Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot.
- For Share my Internet connection from, choose the Internet connection you want to share.
- Select Edit > enter a new network name and password > Save.
- Turn on Share my Internet connection with other devices.
Can a laptop hotspot a phone?
What kind of devices can connect to a phone hotspot? A phone hotspot can work with any Wi-Fi-based device, including laptops, tablets, other phones, and even game consoles.
How can I get Internet on my laptop anywhere?
Here’s how to get Wi-Fi without an Internet Service Provider.
- Mobile Hotspot. The best way to make sure you have the internet on your laptop at all times is to use a mobile hotspot. …
- Tether Your Smartphone or Tablet. Image Gallery (2 Images) …
- Find Public Wi-Fi. …
- Wi-Fi USB Dongle. …
- Share Someone’s Internet.
How can I create a WiFi hotspot?
How to set up a mobile hotspot on Android
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap the Network & internet option.
- Select Hotspot & tethering.
- Tap on Wi-Fi hotspot.
- This page has options for turning the hotspot feature on and off. …
- Follow instructions to customize the hotspot feature to your liking.
How can I make my Windows 8.1 laptop a WiFi hotspot without any software?
Create Wifi Hotspot on Windows 7 / Windows 8 Laptop Without Using any Software
- netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=tipstrickshackery key=wifipassword.
- netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
- netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
29 июн. 2014 г.
How do I start netsh WLAN Hostednetwork?
How to Turn Your Computer Into a Wi-Fi Hotspot in Windows 10
- Open the command prompt in administrator mode by right-clicking on the Windows Start button and selecting “Command Prompt (Admin)”. …
- When the “Administrator: Command Prompt” window opens, type the following command: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=[networkSSID] key=[password].
19 апр. 2016 г.
Why won’t my laptop connect to my hotspot?
Go to Related Settings and click on Change Adapter Options. Identify your mobile hotspot adapter, right-click and go to Properties. Open the Sharing tab and uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.”
Why is my Windows 8 not connecting to WiFi?
The first thing you can do is try to diagnose the connection. To do this, open Network and Sharing Center. … The other thing you can try is to disable and then re-enable the wireless network adapter. Again, open Network and Sharing Center and then click on the Change adapter settings link at the left.
Why my laptop is not detecting my mobile hotspot?
On you smart phone go to Settings – More – Wireless & Networks – Tethering & Portable Hotspot – Configure Wi-Fi Hotspot, change the security from wpa2 PSK to WPA-PSK Rescan on your laptop. Uninstall the wireless driver from the device manager and reinstall the latest wireless driver using HP support assistant.