Run chmod +x weather.sh to make it executable, and place it in the /etc/profile. d/ directory. Now whenever a user logs in, this script will run and automatically display the weather forecast. Of course, this applies to any other task you’d want to run as well.
How do I run a Linux script after login?
Show activity on this post.
- Create a script file, e.g. named my_file.sh , in the /etc/profile. d/ directory.
- Put #!/bin/bash as the first line.
- Write whatever command(s) you want to be executed immediately after logging in, e.g. pgrep udhcpd .
- Mark your file as executable: chmod +x /etc/profile.d/my_file.sh.
26 февр. 2012 г.
How do I run a script in Linux?
Steps to write and execute a script
- Open the terminal. Go to the directory where you want to create your script.
- Create a file with . sh extension.
- Write the script in the file using an editor.
- Make the script executable with command chmod +x <fileName>.
- Run the script using ./<fileName>.
How do I run a script at startup?
Run a script on start up on Windows 10
- Create a shortcut to the batch file.
- Once the shortcut is created, right-click the shortcut file and select Cut.
- Click Start, then Programs or All Programs. …
- Once the Startup folder is opened, click Edit in the menu bar, then Paste to paste the shortcut file into the Startup folder.
How do you execute a script?
You can run a script from a Windows shortcut.
- Create a shortcut for Analytics.
- Right-click the shortcut and select Properties.
- In the Target field, enter the appropriate command line syntax (see above).
- Click OK.
- Double-click the shortcut to run the script.
15 июл. 2020 г.
How do I find the startup script in Linux?
A typical Linux system can be configured to boot into one of 5 different runlevels. During the boot process the init process looks in the /etc/inittab file to find the default runlevel. Having identified the runlevel it proceeds to execute the appropriate startup scripts located in the /etc/rc. d sub-directory.
What is Startup script in Linux?
Think of it like this: a startup script is something that is run automatically by some program. For example: say you don’t like the default clock your OS has.
How do I run a script from command line?
How-to: Create and Run a CMD batch file
- From the start menu: START > RUN c:path_to_scriptsmy_script.cmd, OK.
- “c:path to scriptsmy script.cmd”
- Open a new CMD prompt by choosing START > RUN cmd, OK.
- From the command line, enter the name of the script and press return.
What is the Run command in Linux?
The Run command on an operating system such as Microsoft Windows and Unix-like systems is used to directly open an application or document whose path is known.
How do I run an R script in terminal?
How to run R scripts from the Windows command line (CMD)
- Find the path to R.exe or Rscript.exe on your computer. …
- Find the path to R file.
- Open Notepad and combine paths together (with quotation marks if needed and additional commands “CMD BATCH” if you choose to go with R.exe). …
- Save as file with extension . …
- Run that batch file to execute R script.
19 окт. 2018 г.
How do I run AHK script on startup?
The easiest is to place a shortcut to the script in the Startup folder: Find the script file, select it, and press Ctrl + C . Press Win + R to open the Run dialog, then enter shell:startup and click OK or Enter .
What is Startup script?
Startup scripts are run near the end of the startup sequence, after plugins, properties and such have been initialized, but before the first view is opened. … The startup script routine will run script files in the installation directory first, followed by scripts in the user settings directory.
How do I run a script in Windows 10?
Creating script with Notepad
- Open Start.
- Search for Notepad, and click the top result to open the app.
- Write a new, or paste your script, in the text file — for example: …
- Click the File menu.
- Select the Save As option.
- Type a descriptive name for the script — for example, first_script. …
- Click the Save button.
31 июл. 2020 г.
How do I run an EXE from command prompt?
- open a command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd.exe), navigate to the location of your folder using the command prompt cd command, run the .exe from there – user13267 Feb 12 ’15 at 11:05.
- Alternatively you can create a batch file (.bat) of two lines.
How do I run a script in Tampermonkey?
- Install Tampermonkey.
- Select a script in this repo that you wish to use. View the file and click the Raw button at the top of the file to view its source.
- Copy the source.
- Open Tampermonkey in your browser and click the Add Script tab (icon with a plus symbol)
- Paste the source into the script window and hit save.
How do I run a .bat file?
Executing Batch Files
- Step 1 − Open the command prompt (cmd.exe).
- Step 2 − Go to the location where the . bat or . cmd file is stored.
- Step 3 − Write the name of the file as shown in the following image and press the Enter button to execute the batch file.