Answer: A: Hi, Boot to Internet Recovery Mode (hold command option R down while booting). Go to Utilities > Disk Utility > select the HD > click on Erase and select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and GUID for the partition scheme > wait until Erase is finished > quit DU > select Reinstall macOS.
How do I remove the operating system from my Macbook Pro?
Remove Windows from your Mac using Boot Camp
- Start up your Mac in macOS.
- Back up all important data stored on your Windows partition before you remove Windows. …
- Quit all open apps and log out any other users.
- Open Boot Camp Assistant , then click Continue.
- If the Select Tasks step appears, select “Remove Windows 10 or later version,” then click Continue.
How do I completely remove Linux from my computer?
To remove Linux, open the Disk Management utility, select the partition(s) where Linux is installed and then format them or delete them. If you delete the partitions, the device will have all its space freed. To make good use of the free space, create a new partition and format it. But our work is not done.
How do I uninstall Ubuntu from my Macbook?
- Go to disk utility and click on your main hard drive. …
- Click on the partition tab.
- Remove all the partitions except for the mac hd one and also lynux swap won’t go away. …
- Go to the lynux swap disk in disk utility and use the erase.
- Now you will be able to hit the minus to get rid of it on the main hard drive.
How do I remove grub from MAC?
The only way I found to remove grub completely on my mbp 5,5 was to boot the recovery partition (hold alt at boot) then do a complete reinstall of OSX from there. Remember to erase and reformat the entire disk, as this will generate a new MBR.
How do I wipe my Mac and start over?
The best way to restore your Mac to factory settings is to erase your hard drive and reinstall macOS. After macOS installation is complete, the Mac restarts to a setup assistant that asks you to choose a country or region. To leave the Mac in an out-of-box state, don’t continue setup.
How do you clear everything off a Mac?
How to Wipe a Mac Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Make sure your Mac is turned off.
- Press the power button.
- Immediately hold down the command and R keys.
- Wait until the Apple logo appears.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the OS X Utilities list. …
- Select the disk you’d like to erase by clicking on it in the sidebar.
How do I remove the operating system from my laptop?
In System Configuration, go to the Boot tab, and check whether the Windows that you want to keep is set as default. To do that, select it and then press “Set as default.” Next, select the Windows that you want to uninstall, click Delete, and then Apply or OK.
How do I remove Linux and install Windows on my computer?
To remove Linux from your computer and install Windows:
- Remove native, swap, and boot partitions used by Linux: Start your computer with the Linux setup floppy disk, type fdisk at the command prompt, and then press ENTER. …
- Install Windows.
How do I switch between Linux and Windows?
Switching back and forth between operating systems is simple. Just reboot your computer and you’ll see a boot menu. Use the arrow keys and the Enter key to select either Windows or your Linux system.
How do I uninstall Ubuntu?
If you installed Ubuntu or a similar Linux distribution like Linux Mint with Wubi, it’s easy to uninstall. Just boot into Windows and head to Control Panel > Programs and Features. Find Ubuntu in the list of installed programs, and then uninstall it like you would any other program.
How do I delete EFI partition Mac?
4 Answers. Apple automatically and transparently creates an EFI partition on any GPT formatted disk (which is the default format). To get rid of it, you must reformat the flash drive with the MBR partition scheme. In Disk Utility, choose the flash drive itself (not the volume under it) and choose Erase from the toolbar …
How do I remove Ubuntu from dual boot Mac?
Click on your hard drive in the left-hand sidebar (the drive, not the partition) and go to the “Partition” tab. Find the Ubuntu partition you want to remove (you probably labeled them when you first created them). Click on the partition you want to remove, then click the small minus button at the bottom of the window.