If you’ve recently updated to a new release of the iPhone Operating System (iOS) but prefer the older version, you can revert once your phone is connected to your computer.
Can I roll back an iOS update?
If you were running iOS 14.1 before updating and want to go back to that, you can as long as Apple continues to sign it. To update or downgrade to any iOS version, it needs to be signed by Apple, which authenticates the firmware with Apple’s servers as verified and supported.
How do I revert to an older version of iOS?
How to Downgrade iOS and Keep Your Data
- Back up before downloading. …
- Where to find older versions of iOS. …
- Select your device. …
- Select the version of iOS you wish to download. …
- Click the Download button. …
- Put your iOS device in recovery mode. …
- Downgrading your device to an earlier version of iOS. …
- Hold down Shift (PC) or Option (Mac) and click the Restore button.
How do I uninstall the latest iOS update?
Go to Settings > General, and tap Profiles & Device Management. Tap the iOS Beta Software Profile. Tap Remove Profile, then restart your device.
How do I restore from iOS 13 to iOS 14?
Steps on How to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13
- Connect the iPhone to the computer.
- Open iTunes for Windows and Finder for Mac.
- Click on the iPhone icon.
- Now select the Restore iPhone option and simultaneously keep the left option key on Mac or the left shift key on Windows pressed.
22 сент. 2020 г.
How do I undo an iPhone update without a computer?
It is only possible to upgrade an iPhone to a new stable release without using computer (by visiting its Settings > General > Software Update). If you want, you also can delete the existing profile of an iOS 14 update from your phone.
How do I undo the iOS 14 update?
Restore your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13. 1. In order to uninstall iOS 14 or iPadOS 14, you’ll have to completely wipe and restore your device. If you’re using a Windows computer, you need to have iTunes installed and updated to the latest version.
How do I revert back to iOS 12?
Make sure you select Restore and not Update when going back to iOS 12. When iTunes detects a device in Recovery Mode, it prompts you to restore or update the device. Click Restore followed by Restore and Update.
Does factory reset go back to original iOS?
Whatever firmware you’ve updated/upgraded to will remain when you restore an iOS device. No, your phone will be restored to factory settings, but will stay on iOS 5. … Downgrading iOS software is not supported by Apple.
Can I uninstall iOS 13?
If you still want to proceed, downgrading from the iOS 13 beta will be easier than downgrading from the full public version; iOS 12.4. … Anyway, removing the iOS 13 beta is simple: Enter Recovery mode by holding the Power and Home buttons until your iPhone or iPad turns off, then continue holding the Home button.
Can you uninstall iOS 14?
It’s possible to remove the latest version of iOS 14 and downgrade your iPhone or iPad – but beware that iOS 13 is no longer available. iOS 14 arrived on iPhones on 16 September and many were quick to download and install it.
How do I switch from iOS 14 beta to iOS 14?
How to update to official iOS or iPadOS release over the beta directly on your iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap General.
- Tap Profiles. …
- Tap iOS Beta Software Profile.
- Tap Remove Profile.
- Enter your passcode if prompted and tap Delete once more.
30 окт. 2020 г.
How do I downgrade my iPad from iOS 14 to 13?
- Backup everything using iTunes, Finder or iCloud.
- Download the latest iOS 13.7 / iPadOS 13.7 IPSW file and save it to your desktop.
- Make sure you have a Lightning cable or USB-C cable handy.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes running on your PC, Mac users have to use Finder for downgrade.
16 сент. 2020 г.
What can I expect with iOS 14?
iOS 14 Features
- Compatibility with all devices able to run iOS 13.
- Home screen redesign with widgets.
- New App Library.
- App Clips.
- No full screen calls.
- Privacy enhancements.
- Translate app.
- Cycling and EV routes.
5 дней назад