To display the current running configuration, enter the show running-config command. Enter the copy running-config startup-config command to save the current running configuration to the startup configuration file in NVRAM.
Which Cisco IOS command shows the current settings of the switch?
The show running-config command shows the router, switch, or firewall’s current configuration.
What command is used to configure a Cisco switch?
Table 2-3 Commands to Configure a Switch Default Gateway
|Enter global configuration mode.||S1# configure terminal|
|Configure the switch default gateway.||S1(config)# ip default-gateway 172.17.99.1|
|Return to privileged EXEC mode.||S1(config)# end|
|Save the running config to the startup config.||S1# copy running-config startup-config|
What is show command in Cisco?
The show IP route command displays every known connected and destination network, the method used to learn about these networks, the next-hop IP address and the local interface used to get to each known destination network. This command can be used in both User-EXEC and Privileged EXEC mode.
What does Ctrl-Z do in Cisco?
Ctrl-Z: When in a config mode, ends the config mode and returns you to privileged EXEC mode. When in user or privileged EXEC mode, logs you out of the router.
How do I know what IOS is on my Cisco switch?
On the first few lines of output, the show version command displays the IOS version number and its internal name. The IOS internal name tells you about its capabilities and options. In the above example the IOS version is 11.3(6) and its name is C2500-JS-L.
How do I see all interfaces on a Cisco switch?
To display information about all the switch port interfaces, use the show interface switchport command.
What are the steps to configure a switch?
- Step 1: Inspect your hardware. Check the model number of your shiny new switch. …
- Step 2: Set up management IP. …
- Step 3: Check VTP revision number. …
- Step 4: Configure access ports. …
- Step 5: Configure trunk ports. …
- Step 6: Configure access ports. …
- Step 7: Set up VTY line config.
How do I configure a manageable switch?
Create the VLANs.
- Log in to the management page of the switch.
- Go to Routing – VLAN – VLAN Static Routing Wizard.
- Enter the VLAN ID, the IP Address and the Network Mask for the VLAN. …
- Select the ports to add to the VLAN. …
- Click Apply. …
- When prompted with the Global IP routing mode window, click OK.
How do you configure VLAN?
First, VLAN support needs to be enabled on the switch if it is not already:
- Choose Switch configuration.
- Choose Advanced Features.
- Choose VLAN Menu…
- Choose VLAN Support.
- Set Enable VLANs to Yes if it is not already, and choose a number of VLANs. …
- Restart the switch to apply the changes.
How can I see the configuration of a Cisco switch?
On Cisco Router/Switches:
- Type “terminal length 0” in privileged mode to set your terminal to display without any breaks.
- Type “show run” or “show start” to show the applicable config. …
- To display the config without lengthy certificate data, use “show run brief “.
What is the use of show command?
Show-Command is a very useful teaching and learning tool. Show-Command works on all command types, including cmdlets, functions, workflows and CIM commands. Without parameters, Show-Command displays a command window that lists all available commands in all installed modules.
What are the Cisco router commands?
Cisco Router Show Commands
|Display a summary of connected cdp devices||show cdp neighbor|
|Display detailed information on all devices||show cdp entry *|
|Display current routing protocols||show ip protocols|
|Display IP routing table||show ip route|
What is Ctrl Break?
Filters. In a PC, holding down the Ctrl key and pressing the Break key cancels the running program or batch file. See Ctrl-C. 0.
What is user EXEC mode in Cisco?
User EXEC level allows you to access only basic monitoring commands; privileged EXEC level allows you to access all router commands. … There are five command modes: global configuration mode, interface configuration mode, subinterface configuration mode, router configuration mode, and line configuration mode.
What is copy running config startup config?
Enter the copy running-config startup-config command to save the current running configuration to the startup configuration file in NVRAM. To display the startup configuration, enter the show startup-config command.