How do I reinstall OSX from USB?
Booting Your Mac From a USB Drive
Simply plug your created USB drive into an open USB port on your Mac. Power on the system, or restart it if it’s already on. Immediately press and hold the Option (Alt) key on your keyboard when it starts booting. You should now see an option to select your USB drive as a startup disk.
How do I completely reinstall OSX?
Select your startup disk on the left, then click Erase. Click the Format pop-up menu (APFS should be selected), enter a name, then click Erase. After the disk is erased, choose Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility. In the Recovery app window, select “Reinstall macOS,” click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I download Mac OS from USB?
The Easy Option: Disk Creator
- Download the macOS Sierra installer and Disk Creator.
- Insert an 8GB (or larger) flash drive. …
- Open Disc Creator and click the “Select the OS X Installer” button.
- Find the Sierra installer file. …
- Select your flash drive from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Create Installer.”
20 сент. 2016 г.
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
How do I reinstall OSX without recovery mode?
The spinning globe of hope. Start up your Mac from a shut down state or restart it, then immediately hold down Command-R. The Mac should recognize that there’s no macOS Recovery partition installed, show a spinning globe. You should then be prompted to connect to a Wi-Fi network, and you enter a password.
How do I reinstall OSX without Internet?
Installing a fresh copy of macOS via Recovery Mode
- Restart your Mac while holding down the ‘Command+R’ buttons.
- Release these buttons as soon as you see the Apple logo. Your Mac should now boot into Recovery Mode.
- Select ‘Reinstall macOS,’ and then click ‘Continue. ‘
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID.
Will I lose data if I reinstall Mac OS?
2 Answers. Reinstalling macOS from the recovery menu does not erase your data. However, if there is a corruption issue, your data may be corrupted as well, its really hard to tell.
How do I reinstall OSX without disc?
Reinstall Your Mac’s OS Without an Installation Disc
- Turn your Mac on, while holding the CMD + R keys down.
- Select “Disk Utility” and click on Continue.
- Select the startup disk and go to the Erase Tab.
- Select the Mac OS Extended (Journaled), give a name to your disk and click on Erase.
- Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility.
21 апр. 2020 г.
How do I reinstall Mac OSX recovery?
Start up from macOS Recovery
Select Options, then click Continue. Intel processor: Make sure that your Mac has a connection to the internet. Then turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold Command (⌘)-R until you see an Apple logo or other image.
How do I boot from USB on Macbook Pro?
Getting your Mac to load from a USB drive is fairly straightforward.
- Insert the USB boot media into an open USB slot.
- Press the Power button to turn on your Mac (or Restart your Mac if it’s already on).
- When you hear the startup chime, press and hold the Option key.
How do I make my USB bootable?
To create a bootable USB flash drive
- Insert a USB flash drive into a running computer.
- Open a Command Prompt window as an administrator.
- Type diskpart .
- In the new command line window that opens, to determine the USB flash drive number or drive letter, at the command prompt, type list disk , and then click ENTER.
How do I make a bootable USB drive for Mac?
Make a bootable installer drive: The quick way
- Connect your drive to your Mac. It’s OK if it’s not formatted as a Mac drive. The app will reformat it.
- Launch Install Disk Creator.
- In the main window, you’ll see a pop-up menu under “Select the volume to become the installer.” Click on the menu and select your drive.
29 сент. 2017 г.
Can’t reinstall macOS because disk is locked?
Boot to the Recovery Volume (command – R on a restart or hold down the option/alt key during a restart and select Recovery Volume). Run Disk Utility Verify/Repair Disk and Repair Permissions until you get no errors. Then re-install the OS.
How do you reset a Mac OS?
How to reset a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac. …
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.