Use Command (⌘) Option R key sequence at startup to boot from the Internet. Use the Disk Utility application to reset Mac to a single Mac Os Extended (Journaled) partition. Make sure you are using a GUID Partition Table. Quit Disk Utility application and choose to install OS X from the Menu bar.
How do I force reinstall OSX?
- Install the latest version of macOS compatible with your computer: Press and hold Option-Command-R.
- Reinstall your computer’s original version of macOS (including available updates): Press and hold Shift-Option-Command-R.
How do I reinstall Mac OS from terminal?
How to use Internet Recovery to reinstall macOS
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button. …
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery. …
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar. …
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
1 февр. 2021 г.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Mac?
- On your Mac, click the Finder icon in the Dock, then click Applications in the Finder sidebar.
- Do one of the following: If an app is in a folder, open the app’s folder to check for an Uninstaller. If you see Uninstall [App] or [App] Uninstaller, double-click it, then follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I restore my Mac to a previous OS?
Here’s how to recover the earlier version of the Mac OS using Time Machine:
- Plug your Time Machine disk into your Mac.
- Restart your Mac.
- Hold down Command + R until the Apple logo appears.
- When the options appear on screen, choose ‘Restore From Time Machine Backup’ and click Continue.
16 нояб. 2020 г.
How do I reinstall OSX without recovery mode?
The spinning globe of hope. Start up your Mac from a shut down state or restart it, then immediately hold down Command-R. The Mac should recognize that there’s no macOS Recovery partition installed, show a spinning globe. You should then be prompted to connect to a Wi-Fi network, and you enter a password.
How do I reinstall Mac OSX recovery?
Start up from macOS Recovery
Select Options, then click Continue. Intel processor: Make sure that your Mac has a connection to the internet. Then turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold Command (⌘)-R until you see an Apple logo or other image.
How do I reinstall my Mac without WIFI?
Installing a fresh copy of macOS via Recovery Mode
- Restart your Mac while holding down the ‘Command+R’ buttons.
- Release these buttons as soon as you see the Apple logo. Your Mac should now boot into Recovery Mode.
- Select ‘Reinstall macOS,’ and then click ‘Continue. ‘
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID.
How long does it take for Mac Internet recovery?
5) After your Mac has connected to the Wi-Fi network, it’ll download a recovery system image from Apple’s servers and start from it, giving you access to the recovery tools. Depending on your Internet connection, this may take anywhere from a couple of minutes to up to an hour, or longer.
How do I reinstall my Mac without a password?
How to Reset MacBook Pro to Factory Settings without Password
- Step 1: Restart MacBook into Recovery Mode. Click the Apple logo at the top left of the screen and select Restart. …
- Step 2: Use Disk Utility to Erase Your Mac Hard Drive. Select Disk Utility from the Utilities window in macOS Recovery. …
- Step 3: Reinstall macOS as needed.
How do I clean up my Mac?
Optimize the inside of your Mac with a clean-up
- Step One: Update your software. …
- Step Two: Tidy up your start up. …
- Step Three: Clean out unused apps. …
- Step Four: Clean out the downloads folder. …
- Step Five: Tidy up your storage disk. …
- Step Six: Clean out the cache. …
- Step 7: Remove resource-hungry programs. …
- Step 8: Take out the trash.
How do I force uninstall a program on Mac?
When you delete software on Mac manually, be sure only to remove an app file or folder when you’re sure of what it is.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Finder.
- Go to Applications.
- Choose the app you want to delete.
- Press Command + Delete (⌘⌫).
- Open Trash.
- Click the Empty button in the upper-right corner of the window.
1 июл. 2019 г.
How do you clear disk space on a Mac?
How to free up storage space manually
- Music, movies, and other media can use a lot of storage space. …
- Delete other files that you no longer need by moving them to the Trash, then emptying the Trash. …
- Move files to an external storage device.
- Compress files.
11 дек. 2020 г.
Is my Mac too old to update?
Apple said that would run happily on a late 2009 or later MacBook or iMac, or a 2010 or later MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini or Mac Pro. … This means that if your Mac is older than 2012 it won’t officially be able to run Catalina or Mojave.
Does Time Machine restore Mac OS?
If you made a Time Machine backup of your Mac, Migration Assistant can use that backup to restore your personal files, including apps and everything in your user account. If you prefer to restore just a few files or earlier versions of those files, learn how to use Time Machine to restore specific files.
How do I run two versions of OSX?
Switch between macOS versions
- Choose Apple () menu > Startup Disk, then click and enter your administrator password. Select the volume that you want to use, then click Restart.
- Or press and hold the Option key during startup. When prompted, choose the volume that you want to start up from.
31 янв. 2019 г.