Apple is not providing any button to stop upgrading iOS in the middle of the process. However, if you want to stop the iOS Update in the middle or delete the iOS Update Downloaded file to save free space, you can do that.
Can I stop an iPhone update in progress?
You can stop the update process in its tracks at any time and even delete the downloaded data from your device to free up space. … Locate and tap the iOS software update in the app list. Tap Delete Update and confirm the action by tapping it again in the pop-up pane.
What happens if you stop an iOS update?
Attempting to stop an iOS update in the middle of an installation of an iOS update will almost certainly render the iPhone or iPad useless and in need of restore (or even DFU restore), potentially causing data loss. Do not interrupt an iOS update once it has already started installing.
How do you cancel an iOS update?
How to Stop Your iOS Device From Automatically Installing Software Updates
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select General -> Software Update.
- Tap Customize Automatic Updates.
18 июн. 2020 г.
What do I do if my iPhone is stuck while updating?
How do you restart your iOS device during an update?
- Press and release the volume up button.
- Press and release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button.
- When the Apple logo appears, release the button.
16 окт. 2019 г.
What to do if iPhone is stuck updating?
How to Fix iPhone stuck on preparing update?
- Restart the iPhone: Most issues can be resolved by restarting your iPhone. …
- Deleting the update from the iPhone: Users can try deleting the update from the storage and downloading it again to fix the iPhone stuck on preparing update issue.
25 сент. 2020 г.
How long does an iPhone update take?
How Long Does it Take to Update to A New iOS?
|iOS 14/13/12 download||5-15 minutes|
|iOS 14/13/12 install||10-20 minutes|
|Set up iOS 14/13/12||1-5 minutes|
|Total update time||16 minutes to 40 minutes|
How do I turn off iOS 14?
Turn iPhone off then on
To turn iPhone off, do one of following: On an iPhone with Face ID: Simultaneously press and hold the side button and either volume button until the sliders appear, then drag the Power Off slider.
How do I stop an update?
To turn updates on or off, follow these steps:
- Open Google Play.
- Tap the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) on the top-left.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Auto-update apps.
- To disable automatic app updates, select Do not auto-update apps.
13 февр. 2017 г.
Why does iPhone software update take so long?
You need an Internet connection to update iOS. The time it takes to download the update varies according to the size of the update and your Internet speed. … To improve the speed of the download, avoid downloading other content or use a Wi-Fi network if you can.