Can you merge text messages?
Unfortunately you can’t. The text information includes the phone NUMBER, not contact information (the carrier doesn’t have that). So, when you got the texts from the new number, even if you updated your contact, the texts are still coming from a different number. So, different threads.
How do I combine two text threads?
- Select the multiple conversations you wish to merge, and click the three-dots conversation menu. Select Merge conversations. …
- An alert will pop up confirming that you want to merge these conversations. If you’re ready, select Merge. …
- The messages will them appear as one conversation.
7 окт. 2020 г.
Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in messages android?
A: The most common cause of this is that the other person has started sending you iMessages from a different address. iMessage users can receive messages at more than one address. … While iMessages can be received at any of the associated addresses, one address is chosen by default to send iMessages.
How do you multi text on Android?
- Tap Android Messages.
- Tap Menu (3 dots in the top right corner)
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Advanced.
- Tap Group Messaging.
- Tap “Send an SMS reply to all recipients and get individual replies (mass text)”
How do you combine text messages on iPhone?
iPhone 101: How to easily combine multiple iMessages into a single message
- Tap and hold the first iMessage that you want to forward and then select “More” from the popup menu as shown above.
- Tap on the checkmark bubbles to select the messages that you want to forward.
How do you sync your iPhone messages?
How to sync messages to iCloud on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Tap on your name and Apple ID. Melanie Weir/Business Insider.
- Select “iCloud” in the Apple ID menu. …
- Switch the “Messages” button to the on position. …
- Click the checkbox next to “Enable Messages in iCloud” and choose if you want to “Sync Now.”
24 сент. 2020 г.
Why do I get 2 of the same text messages?
When your device is in a low coverage area (or it disconnects to the network), the device or network may try re-delivering messages as it reconnects. This results in sending or receiving duplicate text(s). Your contact’s phone could also be the one doing this.
Why do I receive 2 text messages?
If you are receiving multiple copies of your text messages, it may be caused by an intermittent connection between your phone and the mobile network. To make sure messages are delivered, your phone makes several attempts, which may result in multiple copies of a text message.
Why do text threads split?
Unfortunately, if your friends are switching between multiple Apple devices, using both phone numbers and email addresses for iMessage, running an older version of iOS, old Android software, or some other quirk that iMessage fails to recognize, it can cause the conversation to split into multiple threads.
Why do my picture messages come through as a group text message?
The Picture or mms message is different and is sent over data. It may have been sent to more than one person and that is why you are receiving it as a group text in a separate thread.
How do I start a text thread on android?
Start a conversation with one of your contacts
- Open the Messages app .
- Tap Start chat.
- Enter the name, phone number, or email of the person you’re sending a message to.
- Type your message and tap .
Why do I have to download group text messages?
Remember, group texts are NOT SMS, they’re MMS (basically e-mails). If you have your settings so that you don’t auto-download anything over MMS, then group texts will not auto-download either (the toggle is usually off for roaming, but unless you turned it off, it’s usually active for ‘home’ networks).