How do you empty trash on Android?
Empty your trash
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- At the bottom, tap Library Trash More Empty Trash Delete.
How do I empty my email trash folder?
Hold down CONTROL , and then in the folder list, select the Trash folder. Select Empty Folder.
Why can’t I empty my email trash?
This appears to be a display bug with the Gmail app. Simply change your phone’s orientation or open any email from the spam/trash then go back to the list and you’ll get back the option to empty them. The fix is temporary, so the next time you open those folders, you’ll have to do it again, but it’s simple enough.
How do I permanently delete emails from my Android?
Follow these steps:
- Open the Email app and visit the inbox.
- Touch the Action Overflow icon and choose the Settings command. …
- Choose an e-mail account.
- Choose the Incoming Settings item. …
- Below the item Delete Email from Server, choose the option When I Delete from Inbox. …
- Touch the Done button.
Where is my trash bin on Android?
There is no Recycle Bin in Android. There is just a Recent Deleted folder in the Photos app. When you delete a photo or a video, it will be moved to the Recent Deleted folder and stay there for 30 days.
Where is my trash file?
If you want to get rid of these deleted pictures, then you need to visit its trash folder in Android.
- Firstly, launch the Google Photos app on your device and visit its options by tapping on the hamburger icon on the top.
- From the list of the available folders, tap on the “Trash” option.
How long are emails kept in trash?
After you delete a message, it’s saved in your Trash for 30 days, after which it’s permanently erased from the Trash. You can change where your deleted messages are stored so they aren’t permanently erased.
Why can’t I empty my trash on Gmail?
Turn your device to landscape mode, and then turn it back to portrait mode, which should allow the “Empty” option to reappear. You can also open a spam or trash email, then tap on the back button to go back to your primary list; when you do, the “Empty” option should be there.
Why does my email keep coming back after I delete it?
Deleted emails reappearing sounds like you might have some corruption going on with Inbox. Move all wanted emails out of Inbox and put them in a suitably named folder for storage. Delete anything you do not want. When Inbox is empty: Right click on Inbox and select ‘Compact’ Empty and then compact the ‘Junk’ folder.
How do I delete thousands of emails in Gmail?
Watch video above.
- Filter Emails. To get started, log into your Gmail inbox as you’d always do. …
- Select all messages. Next, check a little box under the the search bar to select all displayed messages. …
- Select all Conversations. …
- Delete all Messages. …
- Empty Trash.
Why deleted emails keep coming back Android?
It means that the phone is continuously syncing with the server provided that there’s an active internet connection available. The first thing you can do about it is to delete the message from your inbox and immediately go to Deleted/Trash folder and delete the message from there. It will never come back.
How do I get my emails to delete on all devices?
- Log in to Outlook.com.
- Click on the Gear icon at the upper right corner, beside your name.
- Choose More mail settings, and look for Managing your account.
- Find POP and deleting downloaded messages.
- Mark Do what my other program says – to enable this feature.
- Lastly, click Save.
Are deleted emails gone forever?
In a nutshell, a Google spokeswoman told me the following: “If you delete a message from your trash, it will be deleted forever from your Gmail. We do backup Gmail offline, so it may take up to 60 days to permanently delete any stored copies.” She implies messages are deleted, but didn’t explicitly say so.